Groups Galore
I guess I’ve decided something’s only fun if merits starting a group. So I’m now part of several. Here goes:
- Dinner Group: A group of cuisine-appreciating gals who get together monthly to enjoy conversation and create and savor new concoctions
- Discussion Group: A collection of women living all over the country who convene online to
discuss a wide variety of issues - Sunday Singers: A group of musically inclined friends who get together monthly to sing for fun and try out new pieces
- Book Group: Southeastern Connecticut Readers of Eclectic Tomes – a group of LDS women who meet monthly, discuss books, and enjoy the bond of friendship.
Hanging with the Guys
Chad’s involvement is (as you might suspect)
less structured than mine but no less fun. He’s back to a fairly regular game night featuring mainly Puerto Rico and Settlers of Catán. He’s shooting hoops weekly with a group of campus guys and has joined up with a recent effort to get basketball going one night a week at the church. No injuries for him yet, but he has managed to take the Elders Quorum president out two weeks in a row!
1 comment:
This is the thing I miss most about urban living -- so many opportunities for every member of the family. The Island has for kids under 6: music lessons, horseback riding lessons, a circus class, dance
That's about it. They have summer camps in the arts. Adult classes and groups are even more scarce. Sometimes I really wished I lived closer to a university -- or at least didn't have to take a ferry to get there. I so enjoyed your updates! Loved Gavin's "recital!"
Post a Comment