Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Fathers Day

Father's Day was a fun event this year. The day started out with caramelized French toast and a few extra minutes with Chad, thanks to some early morning meeting cancellations in honor of the holiday. We heard some fine words about fathers at church and watched as the men accepted gifts of zucchini bread from the Young Women.

The kids and I each got some extra time with Chad that afternoon, just relaxing and playing games. We enjoyed dinner on the sunporch as we often do these days - Chad's favorite baked rigatoni with Marcella Hazan's Bolognese sauce, with chocolate chip cookies and mint cookie ice cream with fudge sauce for dessert. Yum!

As always on Father's Day I reflected on the marvelous experience it is to watch Chad love, care for, and teach our children. The chance to work with and be with him is one of the greatest blessings in my life.

We took advantage of the scenery of our camping trip (about which more will be said) to put together a little something for the grandpas in honor of Fathers Day as well. Enjoy!

I'm not sure why this shows up as being over 7 minutes long - it's really just 2 minutes

2 comments:

P Haggard said...

Hey, your video turned out really cute!

I'm waiting for the camping trip details!!
Tricia

Bonnie B said...

Way to go! That was a super cute idea and the lettering was awesome!