Gavin is discovering a musical bent as some friends from church are swapping piano lessons with us. I teach their son Wednesday afternoons
after school while their dad teaches Gavin. I’ve been really happy with the book we’ve started with – John Thompson’s Easiest Piano Course. It's great for starting kids at an early age.Birthday parties have been another bright spot this winter. First was Arwen’s friend Sarah whose mom made a fantastic princess cake. Then JJ invited us to our first-ever family roller skating extravaganza. (The kids did surprisingly well – particularly Arwen with her “I can do it myself” attitude and repeated climbing up the handrail.)
And after all my whining about the same snow that’s covered the ground for what seems like ages, we’ve finally had warm enough temperatures to get out on a walk. We’re seeing our yard for the first time in more than a month!



No comments:
Post a Comment