Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Superheroes and a Super Visit

Saturday afternoon Arwen and I went to a friend’s birthday party, where she and her friends transformed into superheroes. The gang rescued lost little people on the playground, decorated masks, and dashed through the air with capes flowing. As we walked to our parking spot after the party, two passersby stopped to comment on Arwen’s getup and encourage her in her heroic endeavors.


Though I haven’t managed to snap the beginning-of-school photo, Arwen has indeed started preschool. She’s attending three afternoons a week and enjoys being back with her friends after the summer’s absence. It’s been fun to see how excited the teachers are to see her again.




This weekend we enjoyed an impromptu visit from Chad’s parents, who came to be with us as Chad received some new responsibilities at church. Sunday afternoon we strolled around the grounds of the former Harkness Estate, now Harkness Memorial State Park. From sifting through sand, to climbing on rocks, to darting through gorgeous English gardens (and even catching a glimpse of a wedding on the lawn), we had a great time together.

Monday morning Chad’s parents, Arwen, and I attended Chad’s Ecology lecture on Adaptation. It was great seeing him in action! We had a fun lunch together at the café before bidding farewell to Chad’s folks. We sure appreciated their company and support.

4 comments:

Jessica 7 said...

It was so nice that Chad's parents could come out. :)

Wendy said...

What? Did I read correctly that Arwen is in preschool? Wasn't she born, like yesterday?

Laura Oler said...

What new church responsibilities did Chad get? Wasn't he already in the bishopric? Is he the bishop now?! I'm always amazed at everything you guys do -- so many fun activities! You're very good at balancing everything.

Elise said...

Laura - you guessed it. Prayers are always appreciated . . .