After our last fling of summer, we set our sights on autumn with hopes of settling back into something of a routine. Gavin’s first day of school was Tuesday, September 1st. Despite his reluctance (and mine) at leaving behind the unstructured, full-filled days of summer, he came home from school cheerful, and I managed to enjoy the quiet(er)
setting at home during his hours away.
Arwen’s back to being my school-day buddy. The sun and some friends joined us for a playdate at the park Gavin’s second day away.
So nice to be making up for some lost time this summer soaking up some rays!
One uncanny thing about living in southeastern Connecticut is how people from our past lives have a tendency to show up here at odd moments. A few weeks ago on my annual trip to the mall I ran into a guy I worked with ten years ago who grew up in the area.
As it turns out, some Seattle church friends have been spending a few weeks here at her parents’ summer home for years. Same deal for one of my work friends whose mother lives nearby.
This happened to be the week this particular friend was
in town, so after sending Gavin off to school Arwen and I joined her and her family for a nice loll on the beach. So nice to recline under the beach umbrella talking about all things NOT work watching our daughters dig in the sand and concoct silly games while Uncle Eddie spoiled them with booty from the ice cream truck.
Not a bad intro to autumn, if you can call it that . . .
setting at home during his hours away.Arwen’s back to being my school-day buddy. The sun and some friends joined us for a playdate at the park Gavin’s second day away.
So nice to be making up for some lost time this summer soaking up some rays!One uncanny thing about living in southeastern Connecticut is how people from our past lives have a tendency to show up here at odd moments. A few weeks ago on my annual trip to the mall I ran into a guy I worked with ten years ago who grew up in the area.
As it turns out, some Seattle church friends have been spending a few weeks here at her parents’ summer home for years. Same deal for one of my work friends whose mother lives nearby.This happened to be the week this particular friend was
in town, so after sending Gavin off to school Arwen and I joined her and her family for a nice loll on the beach. So nice to recline under the beach umbrella talking about all things NOT work watching our daughters dig in the sand and concoct silly games while Uncle Eddie spoiled them with booty from the ice cream truck.Not a bad intro to autumn, if you can call it that . . .
1 comment:
That looks beautiful! I always wanted to live on the East Coast partly for the gorgeous beaches. It's strange to be back in structured school year. I really miss the summer but we are getting used to it :)
Post a Comment