After a late-night arrival at Chad's parents' home, I met up with my sister Amy who was serendipitously in town for the weekend from Washington State. Together with a friend of hers we enjoyed a brisk, chilly four miles of stimulating chatter. There's nothing like walking and talking with the gals!
Friday afternoon I caught up with some friends and colleagues in the still-familiar Tanner Building, then Chrysula and I gave a talk to BYU's Women in Engineering group (what fun!). Then we headed across campus to the Women in Business conference for a day and a half of networking, talks, and discussion on all things relating to LDS women in business. It was a fantastic venue with a great group I hope to stay in touch with.
On the home front Chad juggled the Saturday morning sports lineup singlehandedly, cheering Arwen on at her last soccer game of the season. She's had a fun time on the field this fall and made some good friends.


Later that day the region was hit by an early snowstorm. Our area got only about an inch of accumulation, and we were SO fortunate not to lose power (though some in our town did for a few hours). And best of all - no school closures!

Gavin and Arwen, both heavy into Wizard 101, were crazy about being wizards for Halloween. In my insanity I agreed to take them to Goodwill the day before I left for Utah, where we found a couple of tablecloths in just the right colors and sizes to satisfy their longing for wizard cloaks. My last night in town was spent with Chad cutting and sewing, and we managed to come up with some offerings that satisfied the kids. Chad rounded it out with a craft store trip for some scepter supplies. The kids enjoyed the Trunk or Treat at church, as well as a trick or treating trip around the block. Not a bad Halloween!
Among the many culinary delights Chad's mom sent home with me were these pumpkin bread bowls, which we filled with her famous corn chowder for our Halloween dinner. Hope you had a good Halloween!

No comments:
Post a Comment