Sunday, September 25, 2011

We're back!

Wow – I’ve been away from our blog so long my browser didn’t autorecognize the URL when I came back to visit. While some changes may be in order given new routines at our house, I hope not to be away so long again.

Our last post marked the middle of summer and came just before we left on vacation. After 10 days away we discarded much of the routine for the rest of the summer, a practice that I’m happy to say included heading to bed with the sun as often as possible. It was so peaceful and health promoting I allowed it to override my weekly blogging sessions.

The end of summer brought new routines for us all. Arwen entered 1st grade and started soccer. Gavin entered 4th grade and enrolled in karate. Chad came out of an 8-month hiatus from classes to a grueling schedule that has him teaching Monday through Friday, as well as taking on several new responsibilities on campus. And having started classes in my master’s program, I am spending three days a week at school while the kids are away. We are all enjoying what we’re doing, but it will take some time to adjust to the change in schedules.

We hope you all had a wonderful and rejuvenating summer and that your fall is off to a good start. We look forward to being in touch again!

No comments: